Sabtu, 11 September 2010

I stand by this unit and I use it alot.

Garmin Portable Bluetooth Navigator Lifetime

Garmin Portable Bluetooth Navigator Lifetime

What prompted my purchase of the Garmin Nuvi 2555LMT specifically was one, my familiarity with Garmin, and two, the lifetime map and traffic updates. I have two older Garmin units on which I have not updated the maps for a number of years due to the cost of $80/ year.

This unit has easy to navigate screens and provides information which is easy to absorb with a quick glance. The "Lane Navigator" is one of my favorite features. It lets me know if the exit is a right or left exit and how many lanes are used for the exit. The photo realistic view actually looks very similar to the exit lanes themselves!

The traffic feature is also a great feature, but has a minor bug or two. I found myself approaching a very recent accident and an alert appeared on the GPS, which I thought was rather impressive. In other cases, the traffic alert has indicated slow traffic ahead, which has typically been the case, but other times has already cleared up. Yesterday, the traffic alert called out a traffic jam with a one minute delay: the jam may well have been longer than that by the time I got to it. There was enough warning that I was able to re-route without any issues. I recently found myself in a very long line of traffic jam. I chose not to re-route, but it was nice to know about how many miles the jam was.

Get your Garmin Portable Bluetooth Navigator Lifetime Now!

8 komentar:

  1. My dad drives from city to city in order to deliver concrete material. He needs a good GPS Navigation system, which is a really good and trusted one?

    BalasHapus
  2. I really do not care about the price. I just want one of the best systems on the market

    BalasHapus
  3. I need a GPS unit where I can make my own map directions on dirt/gravel roads, something that will track my drive to the location and save those directions......any thoughts?

    BalasHapus
  4. I am looking to get a Garmin for my husband who is a truck driver. Which one would be the best one to get him?

    BalasHapus
  5. For several years I have been using a Garmin Nuvi 760. I love the screen size and the simplicity. It has started to break down recently and even with software updates, I think it's reached the end of the line. So if anyone has a suggestion for a gps that is similar, it would be greatly appreciated.

    BalasHapus
  6. My employer wants me to find a GPS at a reasonable cost, to put in all of the trucks we have at our company. The GPS needs to know car only roads, height of bridges, etc. Any ideas?

    BalasHapus
  7. I'm looking for something easy to read/use and with the most intelligent software. I hate when devices of any sort can't perform tasks it's designed to do. Like rerouting or traffic updates. Also I love the feature where u can choose the fastest/shortest/most economical routes.

    BalasHapus
  8. I was considering the 1390LMT with lifetime maps. But are there any others i should considered for under 200 bucks? Please speak of personal experience and thank you.

    BalasHapus