Jumat, 17 September 2010

Ram Mount for Garmin Nuvi

RAM Mounting Systems RAM HOL GA35U Plastic

RAM Mounting Systems RAM HOL GA35U Plastic

The only negative with this GPS is that the user's booklet doesn't give very much information. The manual on disk is a "4" on a scale of 1 to 5 (5 being the best). However, the GPS is easy to use and most of the menu items are pretty much self-explanatory. Having the TOPO maps included is a big plus. If you were to buy the more inexpensive 450T and have to buy the maps for various regions you could easily spend far more to have maps for the entire U.S. than what this device costs. The scale is acceptable, the contour intervals are not as good as a USGS map of course, but you do have the option to purchase more detailed map (at at least $99 a "pop"). I've found that I don't really need that much detail. As a backpacker, I found setting a route using my own waypoints to be a great asset. I've also used this GPS for geocaching and it is pretty accurate. The camera is another plus, the detail is good enough unless you want to print an 8X10 photo. Downloading the photos was relatively simple and I was able to easily bring pictures into my Kodak Easyshare program as well as my Nikon program. Again as a backpacker I like to only take items with me that have more than one purpose (I use a frisbee as a dinner plate, but I have yet to find more than one use for my toothbrush). Anyway, I'm pleased with this GPS and reccommend it.

Get your RAM Mounting Systems RAM HOL GA35U Plastic Now!

8 komentar:

  1. Bought the ram system for my Tom Tom originally. When it died I only had to replace this part to make it work with my garmin 1450. I have been very pleased with the ram mount for a few years

    BalasHapus
  2. Product fits my needs because holds the GPS in place. It holds it steady and does not move on the road.

    BalasHapus
  3. this mount is more supportive for my 1490 than the original mount .it's a great mount thats why i bought it

    BalasHapus
  4. This mount holds my Garmin 1450 securely on my motorcycle. It is easy to get the unit in and out of the mount, but I can't see it coming out by accident.

    BalasHapus
  5. Quite pleased with the holder. It fit the unit perfectly and went right on the existing stand I already had.

    BalasHapus
  6. Like all the ram products this to is great. Holds my GPS firmly with no worries of it shaking loose. Now I can use my Garmin on the bike for long rides with no problems.

    BalasHapus
  7. Purchased this mount for my Garmin 1490LMT which I intend to mount on my motorcycle handlebars. The mount is extremely strong, made of very slightly flexible ABS plastic. There is absolutely no chance of the GPS unit vibrating or bouncing free of this mount. The lip across the bottom and the tang on the top are well designed and hold well. If anything, I think I'll have trouble removing the GPS unit from the mount when parking my cycle so I'll probably end up releasing the extension that holds this cradle to the mount on my handlebars instead of unclipping the GPS unit from this cradle.

    Great RAM product.

    The Picky Tech Guy

    BalasHapus
  8. RAM is a fantastic product. Mounts my Garmin GPS securely to my Gold Wing motorcycle. Roughist of Maine roads has been unable to dislodge it.

    BalasHapus