Senin, 27 September 2010

Low Profile goes anywhere

Bracketron SWM 400 BL Windshield Mount Black

Bracketron SWM 400 BL Windshield Mount Black

I've had my Garmin Forerunner 305 GPS Receiver With Heart Rate Monitor for awhile now and have only used it for running events. I recently purchased a road bike and bought this to track my bike workouts.

Installation was easy to understand. All the components are held in place with "zip ties" which makes it easy. We had no difficulty getting the sensors to align. The product is small and lightweight, so unless you are worried about ounces added to your bike weight (if you are, you're probably buying an expensive cycle computer), it does not add appreciable weight or bulk. After installation, you turn on your Forerunner and tell it that you have now installed the sensor (consult your Forerunner instruction booklet) and it immediately picked it up. That's all there is to it. You are then able to monitor pedal cadence and speed of your ride.

I would absolutely recommend this if you already have a Forerunner 305 and now want to monitor bike workouts.

Get your Bracketron SWM 400 BL Windshield Mount Black Now!

9 komentar:

  1. EXACTLY WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR !!!! DOES JUST WHAT I NEEDED IT TO DO. IT HOLDS MY GPS AND MY PHONE.

    BalasHapus
  2. Coupled with the Gilsson Bean Bag it goes anywhere. Even fits nicely on the small dash of my Ultra Classic Harley for road trips. Small enough to put in my laptop bag for travel

    BalasHapus
  3. I got this mount specifically for the Gilsson dashboard mount. The provided connector for my Magellan fit perfectly and this thing has been as solid as could be. I haven't tried sticking the suction cup anywhere else, but I don't think it'll ever fall off the dash pillow without me releasing it. It's a great size too for this type of application. One of my other GPS mounts was too high, bumping the windshield even at it's lowest setting.

    BalasHapus
  4. Great product and far better than the stock version that came with the unit. Highly recommended.

    BalasHapus
  5. This suction mount is much better than the stock one that comes with most Garmin GPS units. My experience is that when the windshield gets hot, the stock suction cup fails and comes off of the glass. The Braketron suction cup has much more powerful suction. I bought my first one from Bass Pro Shops out of frustration while on vacation. Very glad I did. In fact, I just ordered another here on Amazon for a new GPS. Not even going to bother with the one that Garmin provides. (No knock against Garmin, but their suction cup doesn't suck. Pun intended)

    BalasHapus
  6. The first thing I did was trash all the custom mounting plates. Stuck Velcro to the base plate. Stuck Velcro to the back of all the phone cases. (Not the back of the phone itself). Did the same to the GPS. Now it takes 5 seconds or less to swap devices.

    Base is very high quality. Shall see if it can withstand summer heat.

    BalasHapus
  7. My husband was looking for a mount that would bring the GPS closer to the windshield and this one is wonderful. Really does the job and works with the models that it lists and even some that it doesn't!

    BalasHapus
  8. Phillip Blankenship14 Desember 2013 pukul 11.32

    I picked one of these up a few years back when I was getting XM installed in my car and its still standing strong. It has never even budged through the cold winters and hot summers here in NE. So needless to say when my GPS mount started falling off the windshield every time I hit a bump this was my 1st choice. It comes with different options so you attach almost anything to this baby. I highly recommend it.

    BalasHapus